Front Steps provides a safe and secure environment for homeless individuals and families within Cuyahoga County.
Our facility has 60 permanent supportive housing units, all equipped with a kitchenette and personal bathroom. Residents are referred by homeless shelters through the Cuyahoga County Central Intake process.
Front Steps housing program adheres to the Housing First philosophy, which believes that the primary need of homeless individuals is to obtain stable housing. With the stress of securing housing alleviated, residents are able to focus on bettering themselves mentally, physically and emotionally to obtain their highest level of self-sufficiency.
Quick housing facts:
- Front Steps is located at 1545 West 25th Street, Cleveland, OH, in the heart of the Ohio City neighborhood.
- Our current facility includes a total of 60 supportive housing units.
- 45 units are designated for chronically and non-chronically homeless* men and women.
- 15 units are designated for chronically homeless women.
* Chronically homeless is defined as an individual with a disabling condition who has been continuously homeless for a year or more, or has had at least four episodes of homelessness in the past three years. To be considered chronically homeless, a person must have been sleeping in a place not meant for human habitation (e.g., living on the streets) and/or in an emergency shelter during that time.